Friday 15 January 2016

Gayness, sexuality


The day that woke me up
“The reason he never flirts back is because he’s gay,” those words shock my world, I’d just found out that my crush is gay- jolly fun! I talked to him a little briefly about his experience and how he’d found out, throughout the conversation I’d realised how nervous he was of people over hearing, this really surprised me, as he was always so bold and confident, and now here he was, admitting something he should be proud to cherish, something he should want to share with me, in a way that put across that we was ashamed, to have such feelings. It was then that I realised the following

1) People were afraid to share such feelings, because of what a unexpected society we lived in, because of how we’d divided ourselves into very isolating friendship groups, because we were scared to be different.

2) Sharing your …. with others should be a celebration, something others help you to embrace and be proud of, in later life wouldn’t it suck to look back onto your teenage years and this    “ I was a fool, not to have the confidence to share everything with others, coming out would have been easier ages ago”

I felt so sorry for him, I wanted to cry with him and for him, it was dreadful, it isn’t correct that someone cannot trust their closest ones, my heart reaches out to him everyday as well as everyone else who goes through his pain.

So for the rest of this week I challenge all of you, to say hello to that person you know nothing about, who knows maybe you’ll earn another shoulder to cry on?

No comments:

Post a Comment