Friday 15 January 2016

Anxiety


 
I can’t remember much for the panic attack, but when I look over the event I can recall thinking “What’s happening with me?” and I actually at one moment had the thought that I was dying, some people may think it was an attention seeking act - a joke, this hurt so much as the pain in my chest, causing me to feel as though I was losing all oxygen in my body, was slowly spread through by blood, reaching every muscle and nerve, it was causing distress and discomfort, I was hyperventaling in blocks that lasted about 15 minutes each, then just as I thought I’d caught my breath it started again, the tightness in my chest grew and my mouth gasped for air, over and over again, the whole process lasted over an hour and a half. I felt so deeply for the people that suffered these every day, it may look like it only affects the outside of your body but it truth, it kills you mentally, you begin thinking that there is something wrong with you, and that you need help.

All through the attack, my beloved mum never left my side, she was there helping me fight for every breath, whilst if that happened amongst a group of people, many would refused to look into my eyes, as if I’d turned into an animal, it was that day that I’d lost most of my respect for him, he wasn’t capable of standing by my side and looking in my eyes and saying “It’s going to be alright,”.
Have you ever experienced this type of anxiety? Or maybe another form of a panic attack? Please email me so that we can discuss the feeling and convince one another that these feelings are normal, and that people who suffer them are seen normally.

No comments:

Post a Comment